Thursday 12 July 2012

Best Woman

Well Mr G finally decided on his best man a few months back, of his limited list of jobs this was the main one.
He decided on one of his uni mates and rang him with the good news.


Then we hit a road block.....he said NO!


Now Mr G was devastated and on asking why was left with very little to go on. But this is his mate, he wasn't going to push the topic.


well that sucked....Back to the drawing board.


After many considerations we drew a blank, we had never heard of someone declining the offer before. It also throws up the issue of what happens if number 2 discovers the fact they weren't asked first?!


I decided to call my mum for a rant and she listed off contenders, all to whom I dismissed whilst getting more and more sulky. Then the question arrived. Does it have to be a best man?
Now I have said it before and I will say it again. My mother is a genius! Of course it doesn't have to be a man! If anything a woman would do it better anyway!(women rock)


Armed with this knowledge only one woman would do. S is the most awesome of women and would show many a man how to do a lot of things *smirk*
Being the confident sort and already on the list to attend the stag do it was perfect, all that was needed was to convince the groom himself. Now this could have gone two ways, a marmite moment if you like. I decided to broach the idea with beer. Beer is always a winner, I was also very nice (not a common characteristic of mine). I needn't of worried though, he loved the idea and got straight on to ask her. Sitting smugly in the corner I couldn't help but feel pleased with myself. I had planted a girl amongst the ranks :D


Understandably she was amazed to be asked and also a little awed.
Our wedding is shaping up to be an individual and unique event. Wouldn't have it any other way.
Oh and so you know, she loved the idea and said yes. 


Now we just need to decide if she is wearing a suit or not, I think she would look bloody fantastic in a suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment