Wednesday 4 July 2012

It's all about the dress darling

I chose my dress when was 5 months pregnant, yes I tried dresses on when I was pregnant. My little bump wasn't going to stop the planning.


So I was adamant I KNEW what I wanted, Lace, Vintage and Fishtail.I tried on 3 dresses fitting this description and they all fell flat *sulk* 


My poor mum was starting to worry we would be there all day, so was I. Then a brainwave, I remember someone saying you never go with what you think. So I tried on something totally different and it worked! I mean really worked. For 5 months pregnant I looked HOT! Well beautiful, yes I'm being modest but when you find 'the dress' I dare you not to feel the same. Off the shoulder, covered buttoned a-line amazing-ness.


So the price... I get the pit of the pit of the stomach feeling and sweating palms, in my head I had set a budget of £800. it's silly really I had no idea how much 'the dress' should cost but I figured £800 sounded about right. I ask the question on my mothers lips and could have been knocked down with a feather at the reply. '£750 Miss' (I hate being called Miss) But thanks to the joy of hearing the price I let it go. YAY


I swan around in the sample dress and eventually admit its time to take it off, I'm not interested in the veils or headbands they show me. It's all about the dress.


First fitting is in 4 months. No problem. Oh wait I'm having a baby....in 4 months CRAP! Hmmm I ask if we can make it 5 months and they agree 'in principle' not the least bit happy about it. Now this I don't understand, I have just handed over £400 as a deposit, knowing full well it covers their costs. I shrug and decide to leave it until the fitting.


4 months later, my little girl D is born, It's amazing and horrific all in one. But that's another blog, this is not about babies.


The calls start, when are you collecting your dress MISS! After 5 calls along the same lines I make my appointment for the fitting. Funny how after they know they have you the 'tea and biscuits' disappears and they cant wait to get you in and out. I decide I don't actually want to pay them to fit my dress. Like I said in the intro I'm stubborn.


I'm going to end on the part I will always remember. I had my baby less than a month ago and it fits! 


MY DRESS FITS!

No comments:

Post a Comment