Sunday 8 July 2012

#LocationLocationLocation

Sooooo the first thing you are supposed to do is book the venue.


Umm I haven't yet, mostly because I am fighting an internal battle over whether I want high gloss hotel or beautiful small detailed barn conversion. It is not through lack of research I just can't decide. Mr G is thoroughly fed up of this fact so booked a tour at a venue. 


Period house and barn conversion GREAT tick tick I hear you say, well it didn't go quite to plan...
Firstly the owner 'doesn't like doing weddings' as they are hassle (internal cry). It is also advertised as a wedding venue but is in fact a farm, this would be fine if it wasn't for the fact the pictures would be taken with the cows. I'm all for cows, there will be a lot at my wedding (smirk) but they don't really fit with the picture in my head.


We were then shown the room the ceremony would be held in and all I could think was nice corridor. So yeah it didn't go down well. 


The quirky bedrooms were next on the tour and to be fair a few were beautiful but seeing as I was expecting 'Upstairs Downstairs' it was more the 'Good Life' meets 'Sunny Side Farm'. It really isn't what you need when you are stressed already. 




We smiled and promised to call as we left... we haven't.


So the venue hunt continues *sob*


Mr G likes Vegas


I DON'T

No comments:

Post a Comment