Sunday 4 November 2012

Fresh or fake?

Now for this post I am talking flowers. Do you spend buckets on fresh cut arrangements (believe me it costs buckets) or do you go for one of the many; and frankly beautiful alternatives?

My dream wedding featured peonies and hydrengeas but alas early March isn't exactly the season for them. Yes I could pay over the odds but I don't think they are worth the effort.

So I started looking around. A friend had a button bouquet, another used fake flowers for her table decorations. I loved both but wasn't transfixed by either.

To Etsy!!!

If in need of inspiration go to etsy, the items are out of this world and could inspire even the most boring person. This is where I discovered fabric bouquets decorated with brooches and beads (magpie moment). But the sticking point was the price, now I know they take work but 200 just wasn't washing with me. I needed to either find cheaper (cheaper looks just that) or make my own......

No herein came my master plan; I could make my bouquet! Sure it would take time but I'm on maternity leave I can fit it in surely!?

To those of you with a baby will know this is almost laughable that I will have loads of spare time. But I am determined to make it now and so far have piles of silks, satins and chiffons ready to cut and create with.
I have got a few disasters out the way and now know what style I'm going for. They oddly are very similar to a peony or even a Juliet rose.

I will keep you updated on my progress :)

No comments:

Post a Comment